Saturday 2 February 2013

Little Black Dress

Hiya
I have spent a lovely day in my craft room making a few cards and atcs – our grandson Layton came this morning and is staying over – he's not too well just now as he had tonsillitis so I didn't expect to get anything done but he has been an angel all day long – he found a bundle of round sticks in one of the craft drawers so I said he could have them – well he sat at my little foldaway table with 20 sticks, a small cellotape dispenser and some of his toys – he built himself a boat and an aeroplane and amused himself all day long – he will be 5 in March and has a few problems with his speech but since starting school its really coming on – but he is so intelligent and very creative!
I was torn between the 2 cards but in the end Black and White won over full colour.
I received the latest issue of Debbi Moore Inspiration for You magazine issue 12 together with the Unicorns cd and Templates 1 & 2
The card is made using the papers and the project that are in the magazine – its the new Fashion Diva's range – I used the Little Black Dress
I didn't think I would bother too much with this collection as I felt it was sort of same as the rest – how wrong – I love it!
And I bet you will too....
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
A4 sheet of black card
Printed design sheet and a printed backing sheet
Black fluffy feathers
Stick on pearls in different sizes and a pearl open heart
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I followed the instructions given with the project – as I was marking out the card I was sure it was wrong but no – it worked perfectly – basically this is just a side stepper card in portrait rather than landscape position!
I trimmed the beautiful backing paper to fit the shaped card front and stuck it in place with photo glue – only because it was sat in front of me I think!
I trimmed the image I was using and the 2 different sentiments and backed them onto light weight card then cut them out – I just thought as the main image was ¼ off the card it would be sturdier backed...
The design sheet offered 2 different paper ribbons so I used the So Stylish and attached it with double sided tape to the right hand side edge.
Once I had the main image cut out I added double sided tape to the areas I knew would be attached to the card front – placed in on the card and slotted in 2 lovely black fluffy feathers to show in the space behind the topper.
The smaller topper with the text on was also cut out but this time had thick sticky pads added to the back and this overlapped the main image slightly.
I used another sentiment which was a smaller shape – so once it was cut out I stuck it to a scrap of black mirri card and cut that with straight lines – this was then put on thick pads and added at an angle to the top right hand corner.
From one of the other sheets in the magazine I cut out a beautiful black ribbon bow – it looks so realistic...I added another black fluffy feather behind it an this was stuck in the bottom left corner.
To embellish I mainly used some flat backed self adhesive pearls – 2 large pearls on the main little black dress panel, 2 smaller pearls on the Dedicated follower of fashion panel, and 2 long thin pearls were used either side of the printed text of the Especially For You panel.
I added a lovely little open heart embellishment from the same pack – the heart is made up of tiny pearls – to the centre of the ribbon bow and added some glamour dust to the open inside of the heart where I saw some of the sticky showing....
I must apologise for some of the photographs as they make the card look more brown and cream – I can assure you this is all black and white.
Its a great card that was so easy to do – and I will be using the card shape again and often in my card making!
Keep an eye out for more cards from the magazine and the cds that came with it...cant wait now for the 4 cd set of Fashion Diva's Little Black Dress to arrive!
Its another card in my “to use or sell” box
See you again tomorrow friends!
x

2 comments: