Sunday, 3 February 2013
I have made a card that I love!!
But the downside is I have no information to share
I was simply looking through my Picasa and spotted the 2 sheets – they were under 2009 so who knows why or where they came from
At 1st the colours and artwork looked quite washed out but I printed the 2 sheets and they don't look as bad as I expected.
Both sheets have backing papers – its only plain blocked colour but with a dividing line – and it was that line that helped me get the card shape right
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
2 A4 sheets of white card
2 printed design/backing sheets
Assortment of gems in different sizes, shapes and colours
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I cut out the images roughly and stuck them all onto one of the white A4 card sheets and then cut them all our properly.
I cut the backing papers out so ended up with around 8 pieces of paper in a range of different sizes
I used a sheet of white A4 copier paper – laid it on my work bench then laid the papers on top to get an idea as to what I needed to do
I marked between the papers and after they were all marked I removed the backing papers and then scored the copier paper
It was only when I came to stand the paper up that I saw it didn't quite work evenly so back to the drawing board
After a while the penny dropped and I did it!!
It meant I had to trim off 1cm then scored to give 3 steps – and that meant I only used half the papers.
So the A4 card was scored and my coloured papers stuck on the front sides of the steps
I added the bunch of tulips to the far back step and to the right hand side, the inner step was home to the stunning large butterfly
And to the front I added the lilies to the left and coloured 2 die cut leaf stems using mowed lawn distress ink and I used a sentiment from a pack of washable sentiments from Stamps Away – they were lightly edges with Victorian Velvet distress ink pad then I sprayed with Perfect Pearls Mists in Pearl and Copper
All looked fine until I realised I had a huge bare space in the top step at the left so added a large gold peel off corner – it worked out well.
I finished the card by adding an assortment of gems and pearls in all colours and sizes, especially on the butterfly
So that's another lovely card finished – I have decided we will do this as a class project as it will work for a birthday card, Easter card, anniversary or even Mother's Day...and I know the class ladies will love it as I do!!!
Its another card in my “to use or sell” box – once we have do it in class that is!
See you again tomorrow friends!