Thursday, 24 January 2013

More from Peerless Designs

I have a really sweet card to share today – its from one of the newest cds launched by Sarah Hallam of Peerless Designs fame. Sarah draws and paints all her artwork so we know when we buy one of her cds it really is all original. The cd I used today is Through The Lens Ladies Edition and you can find out more by checking the website through this link
On the sheet I printed I had 2 images the same but one was pyramage and the other 3d decoupage and not just basic shapes either – Sarah used a fancy label type shape on this set.
And the backing papers would be enough to make me want this cd.
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
The 2 sheets – that image and backing paper
6x6 Elegant square easel card blank by Craft work cards
A small piece of contrasting pink backing paper
A5 piece of burgundy card
Pink gingham ribbon
Tonic scallop flowers border punch
A strip of silver foiled dotty card
A large silver foiled sentiment
A small silver die cut flourish
Assorted gems and pearls
Victorian velvet Tim Holtz distress ink pad & applicator tool
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded and sharpened the pre scored card blank then used the ink pad and applicator tool to colour the shaped top of the card blank.
I trimmed the contrasting backing paper to fit the small front panel then punched along the bottom edge
Next I trimmed the burgundy card to fit the paper with a narrow all round border and stuck in place with double sided tape.
The backing paper was cut into 2 pieces – 1 was put away for the other card.
I cut a small panel from the top of the sheet and glued it to the panel I was building earlier
Before I stuck this to the card front I wrapped a piece of small gingham check pink ribbon around the panel and tied a bow to the right...then the panel was glued in place on the card top.
After cutting out the pieces of pyramage I used large sticky pads to put it together, I used the pink ink and applicator on the back as some of this would show above the card.
Once that was all done it was stuck to the panel on the front.
To do the easel base was simple – I trimmed the rest of the burgundy card and stuck it on the card base
The rest of the backing paper was cut and stuck in place
The strip of silver foiled spotty card was trimmed and had the corners rounded
The sentiment was trimmed slightly and I used a Smirk pink glitter pen to colour the edges, then using a sharp knife and a rule I put slits 1cm in at each end then slotted the spotty strip through it
This was my stopper so it was raised quite high using sticky pads – when I came to position the stopper I checked it would be below the pretty little girl on the backing paper.
Lastly a little embellishing...I stuck a small silver mirri card die cut flourish to the bottom right corner and added small pink pearls to the swirls and the same pearls went on the main pyramage image.
I used 5mm AB clear gems – 3 along the bottom left side of the base then 2 along the top card front either side of the image
And that completed this card. I have had both the images made up for a couple of days but just couldn't decide what to do with them – I didn't want to do just a plain A5 card as I think this image deserves something a little different
I was up all night again so when I was looking for an envelope I spotted the pack of cards and that was it everything fell into place!
Like most of the cards I make and show on here I don't have a use for – they simply get dropped into the box although occasionally I do get asked to sell them which I do
Right that's all for today – same place tomorrow!

1 comment: