Wednesday, 9 January 2013
Have I got a treat for you!!
I have made up this weeks class project but liked it so much I did it again in a different colour – then a 3rd in another colour!!
And what's more – these are going in my spares box – BUT – I will offer one as a free gift...you know what to do – get a message to me somehow – either on the blog – by email – text – or phone – tell me why you like the card and most important which colour you would like.
And added to that – I will make up some kits with everything you need (apart from colouring pens) and sell them to raise money for our building and my favoured charity – so if you would like a kit let me know which colour
So to the cards...
I have used a wonderful stamp from a set called Butterfly Beauties and I had it from The Stamp Man – it has the image I used plus a small version – ideal for ATCs – and an ornate butterfly again with a smaller version...a few sentiments, flowers and small backgrounds
When I first saw the stamp I wasn't sure about it but when I saw something done with it I just had to have the stamps – tracked them down and must have had them 18 months and its the 1st time I have used them!!!
So I made a standard easel – slightly bigger than when I use the blue board – that's because I used nestability scallop squares in 3 sizes
I stamped the image onto white card then cut it out – left the die in place and inked the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink pads
The next layer I cut was the colour of the base card and then a further white panel.
On the easel base I used a bought shaped card – when I saw the cards I loved them but soon found they were useless if I wanted to add an insert – so this time I cut the card into 2 pieces and used a piece per card.
Usi8g the left over coloured card from the die cutting I measured a strip and used a border punch along the long edges – used thick sticky pads and placed to act as the stopper
I used a small square scallop to cut a purple layer and size smaller to cut white – these were used for the sentiment.
The image was stamped using black ink and on the lilac and pink a matching ink for the below the neck design
The face was coloured using Blush promarker and the hair using a pro marker to match the card colour
Once that was all done and put together I added glitter around the hair and neck and small AB gems and pearls in between
I do hope you like the cards and will leave a message for me!