Monday, 21 January 2013
I have had to make on the cards we all hate to have to do – Sympathy
One of my online friends who I met through eBay sadly lost her mum last Friday.
I had luckily – if that's the way to describe it – received a new cd a day or two before I had the sad news – its from www.kraftyhands.co.uk and called quite simply In Sympathy
A lovely cd with everything you need to make a pretty card for a sad occasion, even the size is nice – they are 6x6
I think there are 10 different card sets on the cd as well as a toppers section, papers, inserts and extra verses so really well worth having...as I said its a card we all dread having to make – and this did help me enormously!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
The 2 sheets and I did an extra verse for the card back
2 sheets of A4 lilac card
A4 sheet of pale lemon card
Scallop square nestabilities
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I cut out all the pieces needed to create the 6x6 gatefold card. I used half a sheet of lilac card to cut a mat using the grand calibur and nestabilities and the size smaller to cut the main verse image out.
I used photo glue to stick these together so I had time to get them lined up correctly
Taking the A4 sheet of lilac card I used the eazi score board so scored on line - A4 gatefold – spun the card around and scored the same line making the gatefold card – as I needed it to be 6x6 I put the card back on the board and scored along line 7 A4 half fold – this was what I cut off as waste.
Using the pale lemon card I cut a square to fit the inside on the card so just under 6x6 - I attached it to the back with photo glue then matted the lilac square with the image attached.
Next I added the sections for the inside doors – I used the set with butterfly decoration as they seemed to look better inside the card rather than on the front...these were stuck again with photo glue.
On the front of the card I used the other door panels – using the photo glue they were lined up with each other then the smaller striped panels were positioned inside the panels and set to dry
The smaller of the main images – it had the flower and simple sentiment – whereas the larger had the flower and a lovely verse – was matted onto pale lemon, then lilac all using photo glue
This panel fitted perfectly inside the striped panels – so I used double sided tape on the left side of the image panel only and positioned it inside the door panels – it only needs on side sticking in order the door will open.
That completed the card, I didn't add any glitter or glossy accents as I didn't feel the card needed any
The verse I did myself was cut down and attached to the back of the card
I hope my explanation of my card didn't lose you...its easy for me to waffle on as I know what I did – but sometimes I just say too much and make it sound complicated!
Something from another new cd to share tomorrow – watch this space – or better still – follow me!!!
Bye for today then folks