Friday, 12 October 2012

Wash Day


Sorry but its back to the Crafters Companion Beatrix Potter 10 cd set again

This card is what we did in class on Thursday – the images are from

Mrs Tiggy Winkle – I printed 3 different sheets but all along the same theme

Wash Day....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 white card stock

Decoupage sheet

Backing paper

Floral border from the cd

Gold mirri card

Piece of pink card stock

Martha Stewart bubble bath border punch

length pink spotty ribbon

4 silk flowers in 2 sizes

2 brads for flowers

punches leaves

printed sentiment

Sakura quickie glue pen

Glamour dust

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine



Shaping tool from

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

After folding the cream card stock in half using the eazi score board and tool I cut a piece of gold mirri card to fit the card front leaving a border all round. This was stuck in place using double sided tape

Then I cut a piece if backing paper to cover the mirri again leaving a border – this too was stuck in place with double sided tape.

The gold mirri card left had a piece cut from it approx 4.5cm wide – attached this to the left of the card – it was positioned so it was lined up with the mirri on the base.

The pink card was also cut to 4.5cm and then punched down both long sides using the lovely bubble bath border punch – a piece of wider double sided tape was attached along the solid part of the panel and stuck on top of the gold mirri panel

I cut the floral paper so it was cut to either side of the flowers and attached with double sided tape to the centre of the panel

I tied a neat bow in the pink spotty ribbon and stuck to the top of the panel just added – I used a small length of red double sided tape – I cut it and stuck on my finger – started to remove the backing then folded the tape to attach on the reverse of the bow.

Now I cut the base layer from the decoupage sheet – I saved the decoupage as it can be used to create another card – then matted the base image onto gold mirri and cut to leave a border.

This was then attached to the card with double sided tape – it went nearer the bottom and the right hand side but did overlap the border panel at the left

A simple sentiment was matted onto a scrap of gold mirri and added at an angle at the bottom right side.

The silk flowers I used were from Poundland – they were bright red so I toned then down using a white ink pad – as the petals had grains it was ideal for inking them...

When I had done the 4 flowers I split into 2 flowers – 1 large and 1 small which had a pink brad pushed through to hold them together

It was Pinflare silicone gel that held these in place at the top right of the card – a few punched leaves in green card were slipped in here and there to finish.

Lastly I highlighted parts of the image with Sakura quickie glue pen then sprinkled with glamour dust.

Now let's see who pays attention to what I write!

I have made a deliberate mistake somewhere on this sheet – I will send one of these cards to the person who finds my error!!!!

See you the next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment