Tuesday 9 October 2012

Appley Dapply Birthday


Hello

I have the last of the Beatrix Potter cards I have made to share today.

This is a very special card and was made for a very special lady – my beautiful friend Jae who had a birthday on Sunday and deserved to receive something special – she has said how much she loved it so I feel it ok to share with my followers now

I used the Appley Dapply cd from the Beatrix Potter 10 cd collection – have to be honest and say I didn't even look through this collection when I first got it but after using sheets from one of the newer cds I just had to have a good look around this set...so many fab images to use.










So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A3 white card stock

A4 white card stock

A4 aqua card stock

Printed decoupage sheet

Printer sentiment sheet

A few backing papers

A4 & A5 pieces of silver mirri card

PVA glue – I use Cosmic Shimmer

Corner Chomper – any corner rounder will do.

A border punch that will go through thick card

Lots of assorted WHITE paper flowers

Adirondack POOL ink pad

Application tool for ink pads

Assorted hat pins

Aqua coloured ribbon

Clear AB gems

Butterflies were die-cut in white

Brown and aqua card candy

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I used the eazi score board and A4 card – it was scored and folded on line 4 – A4 gatefold then spun around and scored the same at the other side – that made my gatefold card

I cut the A3 card in half long ways – then using one piece I folded it in half the the top piece in half again to create the easel.

Working first on the gatefold card I cut a piece of backing paper to fit inside the card and stuck in place with double sided tape

Then I cut 2 panels the same size from mirri card to fit on the gatefold doors – followed by 2 pieces of backing paper slightly smaller to fit inside the mirri card.

The base image was cut from the sheet and matted onto silver mirri card making sure I left an equal all round border – the panel was then attached over the 2 doors with double sided tape.

Decoupage was cut out and added to the image using small sticky pads and shaping the top most layers.

The whole card was then stuck to the folded front layer of the easel card – I used double sided tape and PVA to ensure it stuck well.

On the base of the easel I cut out and stuck silver mirri board so it almost covered the whole base then covered it with the same backing paper as the doors again leaving a narrow border.

I used another piece of silver mirri card to act as the stopper – it was placed on large sticky pads and positioned in place as the stopper.

Next I used a length of aqua coloured card and punched a border along both long sides and added large pads to the back before sticking centrally on to the silver mirri card

I cut out the sentiment panel with matched the main image – it had printed text along the bottom that wasn't appropriate for what I wanted so used a large Happy Birthday tag I already had to cover the sentiment.

I picked out all the flowers I would like to use – put them into position on the card and once happy I took them off one by one and coloured using the pool ink pad and ink applicator tool...

The butterflies were also coloured in the same way...

Before I stuck the flowers on the card I quickly sprayed then all with Perfect Pearls Mists in Pearl...blasted them with the heat gun to dry off then added to the card using Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue to hold in place firmly....

Some of the flowers I left white and just sprayed pearl and some I coloured pool then used a brown pro marker to add spots.

The paper flowers in the top right corner of the gatefold card were already printed and coloured but they looked pretty with the rest.

The hanging flowers to the left of the gatefold were pure white so I sprayed with Aqua Lagoon Cosmic Shimmer Mist lightly then dried with the heat gun before draping so the colour wasn't transferred.

A pretty bow was tied and added below the topper and the butterflies were attached to the base card as were the hat pins.

To finish I added lots of clear AB gems to the shoe design and the bodies of both butterflies

Card candy was put in the centre of some flowers, corners of the topper and one corner of the gatefold card

I added a very personal verse to the base of the card

I am sure you will all agree it really is a special card – it took me a whole day to make!!!

Another fab card for you next time.

Hope to see you then....

x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Angie. Anyone would be delighted to receive it. xx

    ReplyDelete