Monday, 15 October 2012

Sectioned Tree


Today's card is another I took to Malham with me but don't think I actually made it up there

Its a lovely card and something different

The tree really looks as thought it was just added to the background – but it was printed out that way.

So the sheet was bought from and this is what I did with it....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 grey card stock

Decoupage sheet

Silver mirri card

Scraps of blue mirri card

Silver card candy

Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle glitter

Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine



Shaping tool from

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I folded the grey card to create the A5 card blank then rounded the 4 corners using the corner chomper

I cut a piece of silver mirri card to fit the front of the card leaving a border then rounded the corners – added double sided tape to the back – peeled away the backing and secured to the card blank.

The base image was cut from the sheet then had the corners rounded and double sided tape fixed along the back. The sections of decoupage were all cut out and built up on the base image using double sided sticky pads.

Once all the decoupage was done I sprayed the whole of the card with Crafters Companion spray & sparkle and left a few minutes to dry.

While waiting for that I cut a simple sentiment and matted it to a small scrap of silver mirri card

A scrap of blue holographic mirri card was cut to fit the space that would be left under the image – I used a Tonic fancy corner punch to do the 4 corners then stuck a length of silver & white printed christmas ribbon to it using double sided tape for the ribbon.

When the spray glitter was dry I stuck the panel onto the silver mirri panel – I put it at the top of the card which left room at the bottom for the blue mirri panel to be added.

The small simple sentiment was added at an angle in the top left of the card.

To finish the card silver metallic card candi was fixed into the 4 corners of the main image and 1 at each side of the printed ribbon on the blue mirri.

Al lot of friends have seen this card and commented on how nice it looks – some even said when they saw the sheet they passed it as it didn't appeal to I am pleased I made it up now as I know at least 3 others have made it now too!

Until the next card then....


1 comment: