Wednesday, 3 October 2012

4 Toppers Card


Hi again

Well this is the 2nd visit of the day for me – as I explained in the last post I didn't have any internet access so couldn't post yesterday

Anyway its all up and running again – something to do with the provider switching systems or something like that....

For the card I am now sharing there is a story behind it in that I had decided to put together a project for my Thursday group and for that I used a lovely cd from Crafters Companion called Beatrix Potter Papercrafting Collection...

I printed out 2 sheets of toppers as couldn't decide which I liked the best – in the end I made up 2 cards which was 1 from each sheet – so my Tuesday ladies also got a treat with a project

What generally happens when I do a project with just 1 thing from a sheet I find people just throw the rest of the sheet in the bin so sat and made up a few cards using the other toppers...they went down so well.

This is one of the cards I made using the left overs of a sheet.

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

8x8 scallop edged card

Printed design sheet

Printed backing paper

Sheet of dark blue card

Silver patterned mirri card

Tumbled glass distress ink pad by Tim Holtz

Blending tool

Sakura quickie glue pen

Glamour dust iridescent glitter

Glossy accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Deckle edge cutter

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I started by using the blending tool with a foam pad and Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink pad – I worked the colour onto the edges of the scalloped card, I only went in about 2 cm as I knew less than that would be showing.

I cut a piece of pale blue check like paper to fit the card leaving a narrow all round border.

Then I cut the remaining 4 toppers from my sheet – trimmed them all to the same size, next I cut 4 panels from the patterned silver mirri cards = these were just a tad bigger than the topper.

I measured the size of the silver panel and added around 1cm to the dark blue card but this time I cut the 4 panels using a deckle edge trimmer.

After sticking the topper to the silver mirri panel and these 2 to the dark blue panel I had an equal border between all layers, these were all stuck in order using double sided tape.

After all 4 were done I sat them onto my card front and shuffled them around until I had them where I wanted them

One by one I picked them up and added large sticky pads to them, peeled off the backing paper and secured to the card.

Once all 4 were in place I took the sentiment from the sheet – it was not all used up – and the sentiment was then stuck with double sided tape to a scrap of patterned mirri card – I trimmed it by hand and then punched the corners with a small fancy corner punch – then noticed the silver card wasn't cut straight – while trying to make it good I cut too close to the sentiment so all that was left was to crop away the silver – added large sticky pads and then stuck to a piece of dark blue card that I had already cut to size with the deckle edge trimmer – I noticed then that the corners hadn't been removed on the silver card but they looked pretty good – a happy accident!!!

This panel was positioned across the top of all 4 toppers and held in place with large sticky pads.

It was then down to decorating the panels – I used the glue pen and glamour dust and on a couple of panels I added a few dots of glossy accents.

Everyone in class loved this card and declared they would certainly have a go at something similar with their left overs....I hope they do as this looks like a quality expensive card – or I think it does!

x

1 comment:

  1. I really love this card, Angie. It's so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete