Wednesday 10 October 2012

Thanksgiving


Hi again

Today I am sharing one of the cards I had to make for my lovely friend Ann – she wanted Halloween and Thanksgiving cards – I shared a couple of the Halloween cards so thought today would be a Thanksgiving day!

I bought this kit from www.cardmakingdownloads.com, its called OTT Thanksgiving kit and was designed by Craftystash

The kit has 5 sheets in all – the card base, insert, decoupage elements and 2 pieces for the envelope

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 white card stock

The 5 printed sheets

PVA glue – I use Cosmic Shimmer

Sakura quickie glue pen

Glamour dust

Glossy Accents

Crafters Companion Stick & Stay

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I roughly cut out the base image then sprayed the back of the sheet and after 30 seconds pressed it onto the sheet of white card then carefully cut the design out – I did the same with the full image on the decoupage sheet – this needed the card to support it as it was an over the top design.

I popped onto the Eazi Score Board and formed the crease down the marked line – folded the card and then ran the score tool over the crease to make it sharp.

It was then as simple as cut out all the decoupage elements and build up the design using sticky pads and shaping the top most pieces before adding the sticky pads

The sheets with envelope panels were cut out and all the score lines were done on the Eazi Score Board and sharpened using the tool...

Double sided tape was put onto 3 sides then when the back was peeled away I carefully lined the 2 pieces together

This then left just decorating the card which I did by picking out highlights with the quickie glue pen then covering with glamour dust

Glossy accents were also added to parts of the card

It goes without saying Ann was really pleased with the card and I am sure the person she has posted it off to will be thrilled with it to...

Back here tomorrow folks -

Hope to see you then....

x

1 comment:

  1. Cute, comical and pretty card, Angie. Love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete