Saturday 13 October 2012

Robin In A Bauble


Hello

This is a lovely traditional christmas card – I know it was bought from www.craftsuprint.com but have no idea as to who designed it – it looks like an Ann-Marie Vaux to me but I could be totally wrong.

Its one of the many sheets I printed out to take with me when we went off to Malham last month but I only got around to making it up a few days ago...and that was mainly because I was 1 card short for the parcel of cards I was asked to make.




So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

A4 red card stock

Decoupage sheet

Gold mirri card

Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle Iridescent

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

Using the eazi score board I scored the red card on line 7 to create an A5 card but this design needed a 6x6 card so after folding into the A5 card I put it back on the board and score the card on line 7 again and cut away the card which was below the line – so now I have my 6x6 card blank.

I trimmed a piece of gold mirri card to fit on the card front but leaving a border of red all around it – this panel was stuck in place with double sided tape.

The image was cut out and then had double sided tape added to the back – the paper backing was removed and this panel was attached to the gold mirri panel.

On to the decoupage – I started out really good with cutting the branches but it all got too much so in the end I cut around them removing as much of the white back ground as I could

The decoupage layers were then covered on the back with tiny double sided sticky pads - the backings were removed and the decoupage positioned and pressed down firmly.

Rather than highlight the many places that needed to be glittered I chose to use the Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle glitter spray – I covered the entire front of the card in 2 or 3 short sprays

Once it was dry I added a red christmas sentiment to the bottom right corner to finish.

If you have a lot of cards to make up for Christmas then these are the idea sheets to use as its very little printing – its fairly easy to cut out – depending on your print settings you can print smaller so use smaller than 6x6 cards.

Whatever size – whatever colour main card and however you chose to decorate the finished card it will look super – just as this card does!

Did you manage to spot the deliberate error in yesterdays write up?

See you next time …

x

1 comment: