Monday 1 October 2012

Bath Time...


Hi there...

Got a great card to share today...its one of my favourite times of the day too – bath time!!

I bought this kit from www.cardmakingdownloads.com and its designed by Evelyn Watts
 
 

The kit comes with main card, decoupage, choice of 2 inserts, 2 sheets to make up the envelope and a backing paper

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

White A4 card

The printed sheets

Crafters Companion Stick & Stay

Sakura quickie glue pen

Glamour dust iridescent glitter

Glossy accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I roughly cut the base card out, sprayed the back with Crafters Companion stick and stay (its the red can)

Next I cut out the main card design then used the eazi score board and tool to score a line down the centre and folded it – run the tool along the fold to sharpen it

As this is a shaped card I made sure that the card was trimmed all the way round on both sides

I know a lot of people print the backing paper to go on the inside of the card but personally I never bother as by the time an insert is in place you really only see the very outer edges of the card blank.

I chose 1 of the pre printed inserts which reads “Have a relaxing day” so it really is suitable for any age and any event don't you think?

So the insert was cut out and then folded with a bone folder tool to give the sharp fold – I stuck this into the card blank using a small piece of double sided tape.

Next it was the decoupage – so easy to cut out as it was big pieces...I placed it all face down on the foam mat and using the shaping tool I ran it across all the pieces to shape then added small and thin sticky pads

After all the decoupage was added it was just the envelope to make – I cut out both sections and scored then folded all the score lines

Next I added wide double sided tape to all the flaps, peel off the backing tape and secured the two pieces carefully.

To decorate the card I used glossy accents on the beards nose and ears as well as baby powder, the duck and shower head.

When that was all dry I added more glossy accents to all the bubbles from the bath then sprinkled on glamour dust

I left the excess glamour dust in place till the next day so as not to smudge or mark the glossy accents.

I know I say this almost every day but I really like this card – then again I would do wouldn't I?

After all who would make card after card to show on a blog ad not like them?

Right time for my long hot bubble bath and a relax....mmmm

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment: