Tuesday, 16 October 2012
I have made this image up many times and I think I may have shared it 2 or 3 times too – always doing something different with it – the sheet is by Janet Briggs and was bought from www.craftsuprint.com
Well here it is again – something different – as in a twisted easel – a first for me!
I really enjoyed making it up too so maybe I will end up making lots of my favourite images up as twisted easels!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
6x6 scallop edge card blank
A5 burgundy card stock
Silver mirri card
2 a5 sheets of backing paper
snowflake border and corner punch
shaved ice mica fragments
red AB gems
Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue
Double sided tape
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card ...
I folded the scallop card along its pre-scored crease then using the eazi score board I scored a line from bottom left corner through to top right corner of the card front – folded it and this created the twisted easel base.
I cut out the main image and also the few pieces of decoupage then made them up using small double sided sticky pads
The image was then matted onto a piece if the burgundy card then attached with double sided sticky tape to the card front
I trimmed one of the backing papers to fit the base of the easel leaving the all around border
A piece of silver mirri card was cut to fit across the card then a piece of the 2nd backing paper was trimmed to fit inside it – then had the long edges punched out using the Martha Stewart snowflake border punch
The punched panel was stuck to the silver mirri panel and then a narrow strip of burgundy card was stuck across the centre
I then used a dot of pva on the back of some of the snowflakes that had been punched out the borders and stuck them onto the burgundy strip randomly.
A glittered chipboard sentiment was attached to the card with sticky pads to act as a stopper so was positioned where I wanted the main image to stop.
Finally I punched out a few larger snowflakes using some punches and the 2nd backing paper – I stuck them in the corner of the base card then added red AB gems to the centres.
To decorate I covered all the fur on the hat scarf and cuffs with pva glue then covered with the lovely shaved ice mica fragments – and they look amazing!!!
As I said this is my first attempt at the twisted easel but wont be the last.
I'm so pleased it worked in practice as I had it in my head – ideas don't always work – thankfully this one did!!!!
Until the next card then....