Saturday 1 September 2012

Pastel Birthday


Hi

I printed some sheets from my many folders of sheets and have been cutting them out over the past few days

I cut this sheet out and made it up last night whilst may bath was running which goes to show how quick and easy it was to make

I will add that this was cut out and the bookmark holder stuck on in class last Thursday so I guess that was a fair amount of it made

So as seems to be the case of late – I have no idea as to who designed the sheet or which site it was bought from – will have to have a good look though as would like to make more

I folded a sheet of pastel green textured card to create an A5 card blank to start me off

Then using a deckle edge blade in my Woodware finger guard trimmer I cut a piece of pastel pink card so it left a border on the card

Then it was the main image – I had to trim the blue border along the sides a little so the pink could be seen

I used double sided tape to stick the image to the card so again we have a narrow all round border showing

Because the bookmark will be usable I stuck it to a scrap of pastel blue card – I will decorate the back somehow I think – maybe a suitable verse or even pretty balloons like the theme of the card itself...

I loved the decorating of this card – it was screaming BLING – BLING – BLING

I started with the bookmark itself – I punched a hole in the top and added a plain eyelet to it – then slotted a scrap of pastel patterned ribbon to it

Next I added beautiful coloured AB gems where printed gems were – so along the top is green – blue – pink and down the bookmark the same colours but also the clear AB gems too!

The printed gems across the main card and over the bookmark holder were blinged up using Stickles glitter glue – again in pink, blue, green and clear.

To finish off the card I added large dark blue flat back pearls to each corner of the card – on the pink corners I added smaller green flat back pearls and finally on the sheet in the corners I used small pink flat back gems

And what a fab card – even if I do say so myself!!!

So easy – yet so lovely!

See you again soon friends

x

2 comments:

  1. I really love the soft colours of this, pleasing to the eye! Would suit anybody. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Angela, I am a big fan of pastel - well done on some lovely projects honey - hugs Aly xxxx

    ReplyDelete