Thursday 13 September 2012

Santa WIth Gifts




Hi

I have a card to share with you today and although I have a few more made up I go to Malham tomorrow for the annual crafting retreat – and we wont have internet access so this will be the last card until Sunday – sorry...

The image on the card was taken from a new cd from www.jammipanda.co.uk and its called Funky Yule

Its a great cd – some of you may already know that Jammi Panda is the new name for Fee J – and these new cds are better by far than the older Fee J cds.

So I made this card by using a scalloped edge 6x6 card

I decided I would use up some of scraps of paper, mirri card and pearl card and this was the perfect card to use them on.
 
 
I cut a piece of red mirri card just smaller than the scallops and fixed it to the card with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Next I found a perfectly sized piece of printed poinsettia backing so trimmed to size and the rounded the corners – I used the same glue to stick this to the mirri card

The base image was cut out and stuck to a piece of gold mirri card that I then trimmed to size with a deckle edged cutter – this was positioned slightly to the right of the card.

I had a piece of cut n dry that had at some time been used with a red ink so I huffed on it then dabbed around the edges of the base image.

The decoupage was cut out and built up with small sticky tabs

Before I decorated the card I found a small sentiment that worked great as a ribbon slider – so I sliced into it near the top and bottom then slotted a length of gold ribbon through it and secured the ends behind the card front with tape

To decorate I used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust to outline the beard, moustache and eyebrows – then pva was used on the pompom and fur around his hat cuffs and feet and then glamour dust was covering it till it dried.

I used black enamel accents to make the buttons pop

A lovely card made up using scraps!!

What do you think?

See you on Sunday folks...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment