Sunday 9 September 2012

Blue Christmas




Hello

I'm later than usual as I wanted to watch the closing ceremony of the 2012 Paralympics – I saw most of it but like most evenings my medication took over and I spent my night dozing on and off

But what I saw f it was pretty good – I am a big fan of steampunk for card making and it was used in very cleverly in the ceremony

And so to my card – its another Christmas card to add to the collection...

I know it came from craftsuprint last year and I have made this card up several times – both last year and again this year

It is in a set of a similar design – as in the picture in the centre changes but the design around the outside is much the same.

So as this sheet was primarily blue I used a white scallop edged card and coloured the outer edges with a mid blue pan pastel

The main image was then positioned centrally using double sided tape

The decoupage was then added with small sticky pads – and the top most pieces were shaped before they were added

To decorate the card I used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust on the wintery scene

The red Stickles were dabbed in the centre of the white poinsettias around the outer edges

Lastly I added glossy accents to the centre of the ribbon bow

A lovely card that will be admired by young and old – and I am pretty certain I will be making this and the others in the set for Christmas 2013

I will see you all tomorrow with another card and will have to get a few more cards made in between sorting out what I need for my annual trip to the craft retreat on Friday,..

Bye

x

No comments:

Post a Comment