Wednesday 26 September 2012

Crackerbox Mice


Hello

I received my copy of Debbi Moore's Crackerbox Mice this week and I love it!

It is very different from the cds Debbi usually makes which was why I decided to order it

You can get the double cd rom from Create and Craft or direct from www.debbimoore.co.uk

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

White A4 card stock

Printed decoupage sheet from cd

Backing paper from cd

Brown card stock

Gold patterned card stock

Small scrap of dark red card

Assorted daisy type flowers

Brads for the flower centres

A piece of orange spotty ribbon

Tonic border punch

Gold corner peel off's

Sentiment

Glossy Accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Pinflare Gel

Eazi Score Board & tool

Corner Chomper tool

Crafters Companion Glitter Spray



To make the card ...

I scored and folded the card in half – that's line 7 (A4 half fold) on the Eazi Score board then scored the front panel on line 4 (A4 gatefold) to create the basic stepper card.

On the top piece of the stepper I measured along the fold approx 2” (5cms) from the outer edge in on both sides – then drew a line from fold to edge and cut this away to leave the easel just in the centre of the front as shown in the photos.

Working on the base of the card I added a piece of patterned gold card to fit, trimmed the excess and the rounded all 4 corners

Next I trimmed a piece of brown card to leave a border all around and rounded the 4 corners – then using double sided tape attached this to the card base

The backing paper was then cut down and had the corners rounded and fixed it in place.

Using a length of brown card I punched a border along one side – turned it round and did the same at the other side

The length of orange ribbon was placed over the punched border and secured at the back – this panel was then stuck to the card base using thick sticky pads – I positioned it about 1/3rd up from the front of the card to act as the stopper.


After rummaging through the oddments of flowers I made up 2 clusters of foam and glitter papers flowers that were held together by brads...pinflare gel was used to secure a flower to the top left corner and the other just above the stopper at the right hand side

I finished the base by adding an odd Happy Birthday sentiment


For the now small easel I covered the lower part with backing paper

After cutting the image and decoupage pieces I stuck them all together using tiny sticky pads.

I matted the base image onto a scrap of dark red card – as usual I made sure I had an equal border showing between each layer.

I stuck this panel to the bottom piece of the scored easel then used the Crafters Companion glitter spray to cover just the decoupaged section.

To finish I added very fine gold peel off corners to cover the red and yellow layers of the design and then 2 slightly bigger ones were added to the main image top corners.

I had heard people saying they really didn't rate this cd but I disagree – I think its lovely...and looking at the card I made – don't you?

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! Very cute image and an unusual layout! Perfect for anyone. Pauline x

    ReplyDelete