Sunday 8 January 2012

Vintage Travel

Today's card is something I made a week or more ago but decided to show it today

This is taken from the new Debbi Moore CD

Shabby Chic Vintage Travel - and also features in the new Debbi Moore magazine
Stamping Inspirations For You

The sheets I printed were a backing sheet, a design sheet and a sheet that had all manner of bits and bobs on it and a sheet of blue paper


To make the card I needed 2 sheets of card stock - the first sheet was scored and folded at 10.5cms and put to one side


The other sheet was then scored at 5.5cm, 14.5cm and 20cm, all score lines were then folded and the 2nd sheet fitted into the 1st sheet giving 3 panels as in the photo above



I then covered the front of the 3 panels with the backing paper - one A4 landscape sheet was enough to cover the panels.


Next I took 3 pieces of blue paper that measured the width of the panel and approx 3cm in height - I tore each piece along the top edge only - then ran a Versamark embossing pen along that torn edge and sprinkled with Debbi Moore Gold Metal Magic - which was then heat embossed underneath the paper. Once I had all 3 pieces embossed I stuck them to the bottom of all panels with double sided tape.


Taking the design sheet I cut out 2 toppers - one had the lighthouse image and the other was the verse panel - I cut them out and stuck to a piece of gold linen card - then cut them out leaving a gold border all the way round. The lighthouse image was then attached to the front of the card and the verse was attached from the left side only to the centre panel.


The last thing I did was cut out several shells and starfish and used a Versamark pad to cover them then sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heated with a heat gun from the front - I did this 3 times so the image was smooth and shiny - this is called Triple Embossing.



I simply attached the triple embossed images below the image, the verse and one on the back page using double sided pads...

This card is super and ideal for males of any age!

I decided to do this is our class and it went down really well - as you look at the photos you will see the top piccies are much brighter - theses were printed using 128gsm Matt Photo Paper and the printer was set to Text & Image and Matt Photo Paper

The lower 3 photos were actually printed onto normal A4 copier paper with the printer set to Text and Plain Papers - it works well - it looks quite muted which I think gives it a more vintage look!

Thanks for viewing - see you next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment