Friday 13 January 2012

Another Blue Floral Card

Nice to see you back again...

Today I thought I would share another lovely kit with you...

Bought from Crafts You Print this is a kit called

Blue Flowers & Butterflies Double Diamond 3D Card Kit by Sandie Burchell


Although the finished card is fab the real downside is all the printing - she adds huge amounts of sentiments and to be honest without so many a whole page could be saved!

Anyway this kit has 4 sheets for the card plus the 2 for the envelope.

Once I had all the sheets printed and what needed strengthening stuck to card I started to cut the pieces out.

Although it may look quite tricky it was in fact so easy to make up - there are cut lines and score lines clearly marked out on all pieces - and the instruction sheet which came with the kit covered everything in step by step format with pictures too!

So once the card was all made up it was time to decorate it


I used 2 of the beautiful turquoise blue chessboard gems on the top and bottom of the outer edges and 1 of them on the top and bottom of the inner edges.


Although not so easy to see - I used 1mm tiny deep blue gems in the centre of all the flowers - they really stand out when the light hits them!


Even the reverse of the card looks good - the only downside in my opinion is the lack of space to add a verse and of course write...I guess if I think about it I will find a way....maybe create a gift card to attach to it using the sentiments and maybe printing out another envelope?


And talking on the envelope - I just love how this one is put together - there has been a lot of thought put into the style of it - and because the finished card is long DL this envelope could be used for all the long DL cards that were all the rage but not used as much as they could have been mainly due to the shortage and cost of the bigger envelopes!!

Really hope this card kit was to your liking - I also bought it in the lilac too but as yet haven't got that one made up - but like I have said in the past posts, at least I know where I can alter things if I felt they needed it first time round!

See you again.....










No comments:

Post a Comment