Thursday 12 January 2012

Blue Trifold

Hi thank you for coming back!

Today's card is one with a difference - but only because I couldn't get my head around the instructions - or should I say lack of them!

This is a sheet bought from Crafts You Print and designed by Tanya Hall

The sheet is called Trifold - and on first views - it does look like a trifold....

BUT

Well let me explain

I printed the sheet - cut it out and scored on the obvious score line - the instructions printed on the sheet simply say

"Fold at guides, use flowers to raise after folding, sort of concertina trifold, alternately cut around left side of flower to fold and 3d effect with the flowers popping out"


So here is where I couldn't work it out - if you look at the sheet I couldn't get my head around quite how this would work as a trifold as normally where I have placed number 3 would be the upper panel but opening from the left side, number 2 would be the middle panel and open from the right so forming a normal opening card and finally number 3 would be the bottom panel

But no matter what I did with this I could NOT get a trifold card where I could see the colour on all 3 panels - and end up with the shaped flower panel as the top layer!


So I had to adapt it - and the card shown above is what I finished up with!

I started by using 3 different Tim Holtz distress ink pads to colour the white card blank - it was Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass & Mustard Seed then sprayed over the inks with Perfect Pearls Mists for a shimmering look!

I had to then cut off the panel numbered 1 and stick the remaining two panels onto my card blank.... from then on this was a normal A5 card!

The centre flower was added as were the butterfly decoupage - I actually sprayed the top butterfly with Crafters Companion Iridescent Glitter Spray - but I forgot to shake it so ended up with a lovely shine to it instead! A happy mistake....


To finish I attached the yellow card candy to the left of the card and dark blue and matt silver card candy to the right hand side.

Shiny gold card candy is in the centre of the flowers and finally I used yellow chessboard gems randomly around the image


Would have preferred the trifold which is what I bought but not too disappointed with the finished result....

25 bonus points for everyone who spotted the mishap with the colouring!!

See you the next time....

1 comment:

  1. I've had the same problem Angie can't get my head around this one. It'll make a pretty topper tho cos the blue colouring is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete