Thursday 26 January 2012

Donkey - hee-haw

Hello and thank you for popping in again...nice to see you as always!

Today's card is something I made from a wonderful new CD collection....by a designer I hadn't heard of - but will most certainly be buying from in the future!!

The CD is called Debbees - An Assortment of Animal - this is a double CD and is available from

The CD is a selection of folders - each is a cute animal - I chose to use the Donkey folder....anyway in each folder you get a decoupage sheet, 5 landscape and 5 portrait papers, 2 sheets of toppers, stackers, shakers, tags, teabags etc....

This card used the decoupage sheet and 2 different backing papers, a sheet of A4 white card, an A6 piece of silver mirri card and the cut off white card to punch for the border.


The white card was scored to create an easel card, then I measured 7cms in from the right hand side and cut the panel off leaving the easel at the left side. I then used an EK Success border punch to create the border - then added a length of brown spotty ribbon round the border and put to one side for later.


I used the largest of Labels 8 Mega Nestabilities to cut the silver mirri board and the next size down to cut out the main image....these were then matted together with collall photo glue.


The base of the easel was covered with one of the papers and the folded easel was covered with the other paper. I rounded all the corners of the card with my Corner Chomper


Next the topper was attached to the easel leaving an even border around it, then the very easy to cut decoupage was built up using sticky pads, shaping the top layers.


The sheet came with lots of pretty flowers so I added a few to the bottom left corner and the rest were used to form the easel stopper. I used my favourite chessboard gems in the centre of all the flowers and 2 pretty pearls were put in the centre of the flowers from Donkeys mouth along with some Pink Cosmic Shimmer coloured PVA....


I had a pink glittered butterfly that was punched so added that to the topper...

Lastly the punched border with ribbon was built up on pads and secured to the right hand side of the card - a circular Big Hugs sentiment was coloured pink with distress inks and clear chessboard gems highlighted it and sits on top!

Parts of the face and tail were highlighted with glossy accents as were the eyes and pink of the ears...

The card folds flat to fit nicely into an A5 envelope

Thanks for popping in....tomorrow I will be uploading early in the morning as I am going away for a few days to visit online friends and I cant break my new years resolution - can I???

Bye x

1 comment: