Monday 2 January 2012

Pink Brolly

The card for today is another kit that I have bought from Crafts You Print

This kit was made by designer Tina Fitch


Its a bit of a topsy turvy card really as it has gatefold doors but they open at the back!!!

So I printed the 2 sheets and then stuck both sheets to A4 cardstock and cut them out

Because I am really enjoying using embossing powders and experimenting I decided to heat emboss the decoupage elements...

So using a versamark pad and WOW clear embossing powder I triple embossed the butterflies and the Happy Birthday panel and the bow for the brolly as well as the 2 roses were just embossed once.




For anyone who doesnt know about triple embossing - you cover the area with your clear versamark pad, spinkle clear embossing powder, tap off the excess them heat underneath with a heat gun, once the powder has formed a glaze wait a few seconds and repeat, again heat underneath and then repeat for a third time - the finish is fantastic!!!

So to make up my card - I started by adding a piece of medium weight acetate to the back of the main card attaching it with small sticky dots

Then I added the 2 doors - this is easily done by scoring the overhanging flaps on the card front and the flaps on the doors - my first mistake was a silly one...I attached the first door with the decorated side showing outside the card - doh!


So removed it and attached them both correctly - makes sense really - why would I want to see white doors through the card front?

Next I added the decoupage with Pinflare Gel and for the sentiment I pierced a hole at either side and fixed gem brads to add that bit of bling!


Once I was happy that the Pinflare had dried I used my Cosmic Shimmer Pink Pearlescent PVA to add dimensional dots to the butterfly wings and the bright gold to the flower centres!

And that completed this lovely kit

Please feel free to leave comments, questions or suggestions

See you tomorrow

x

No comments:

Post a Comment