Monday 19 January 2015

Bunny Capers


Good evening

The card for today was one I saw in a magazine and fell in love with

It was using 2 backing papers and an image sheet from Joanna Sheen Holly Pond Hill cd, I almost followed the photo of the card just adding my own take here and there – but either way it’s a pretty card.
 
I folded a piece of card to create the card base measuring 16cm square, to this I trimmed down one of the backing papers to fit the base leaving a narrow border, to make the paper pop I inked the edges using Tim Holtz pumice stone distress ink pad and applicator, then stuck the paper to the card using double sided tape.

The 2nd backing paper was trimmed but this time the border was a little bigger but it was worked the same, edges inked using pumice stone distress inks.
Using kraft card and a flower photo corner punch I punched 4 corners, folded them and stuck to the backing paper then this was all stuck in place with double side tape.
I cut a piece of the kraft card to fit across the card front, it was approx 5cm wide, then added a piece of cream card approx 4.5cm wide and matted it with double sided tape. Next it was a piece of the backing paper from the base mat, cut to approx 4cm wide and I inked the edges then stuck in place using double sided tape again

A length of sage with white spots ribbon was wrapped around the matted panel and secured with a little sticky at the back then fixed across the card just above the bottom 2 flower photo corners.
 
The main image was trimmed and matte onto a piece of cream card, a piece of kraft card slightly bigger was cut then sticky pads were added to the back of the panel and after running a line of Cosmic Shimmer pva across all the pads the panel was fixed to the card front, I didn’t put any sticky pads on the topper that would rest on the panel we had stuck across the card...if I had done there would have been a bump and that would have spoilt the card.

Now to the decoration, I used some purple flower gems on the photo corners and tied a double bow using the sage spotty ribbon and stuck it on the right hand side of the card, I used a little Pinflair gel to hold it in place. 

And finally I die cut the 3 bunnies using the Joanna Sheen signature dies – the rabbit family. They were cut using the scraps of kraft card and stuck to the bottom of the pretty topper, I just added a small dot of cosmic shimmer to the back of each rabbit...

Before I realised where I had glued the rabbits the pva had set so I couldn’t move them...can anyone else see what I am talking about?

See you again tomorrow my friends
Hugs
Angie
x

1 comment: