Sunday 25 January 2015

A White Delight


Hello again

Today I have spent almost all day working on this card, I didn’t have any real thoughts of what I was doing, I just wanted to do a white on white card for a change.

So to start with I scored and folded my A4 white card in half to make the A5 card, then I used my Martha Stewart deep edge punch to punch along the front edge only.

I have so many lovely dies that I rarely use so today I got out the Decorative Labels 28 by Spellbinders and cut the largest shape.

I trimmed a sheet of white card to measure 20cm x11cm, I used a Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder to emboss the card, I put this through the Cuttlebug with the folder at one end of the card then changed it to cover the other end.
 
This panel was stuck to the card front using double sided tape. The large panel I cut earlier was then stuck to the top part of the card using Pinflair gel. 

While waiting for the gel to set I cut out my favourite scroll which is by Marianne I believe, also cut the fancy corner which is a memory box die, cut out Happy Birthday but think these must have come free on a magazine and finally I cut out 1 large butterfly and 3 smaller ones.
To finish making up this card I stuck the scroll across the large panel but to the left, stuck the pretty corner in place with pva glue, this was put in the bottom left corner with the Happy Birthday at an angle along side of it.
The largest butterfly was stuck at the start of the scroll and the other 3 butterflies were randomly stuck on the card. For the butterflies I only stuck the bodies down with cosmic shimmer pva, the wings always look much nicer when they have the wings left free.

And then to finish I added some 5mm ab clear gems, I put one on each if the flowers from the punched border, 1 either side of the large panel and then 3 across the top left of the card and 3 down the top right of the card.

So after playing around I finally managed to create a card!

Hope you like this one
See you again soon
Hugs
Angie
x

2 comments: