Friday, 8 July 2011
Teddy Bear Easel
Today I decided to make a card for a friend who is having a tough time just now - she is the post mistress of the village post office and recently her husband - also a friend - was diagnosed with a serious illness - time is moving but his treatment is standing still and Jackie is struggling now to keep calm....
When I saw this kit - which by the way is called LOOKING IN and is from the newest Squeezee Card CD I knew it would be perfect for them....
But because I am not a fan of the tradition squeezee cards I made it up as a normal 3d decoupage...
This is the link to where I recommend buying from as its free P&P, with a low minimum spend and they take all cards and paypal
So to make this card I printed the A5 size sheets - it was 3 sheets of A4 paper which includes the backing sheet which is editable - so as you can see, I added my own verse....in fact the sentiment was something I did myself too
I used a dark blue A4 sheet of card for the base and the easel panel - so folded one sheet in half then the top part in half again and used a bone folder to get nice sharp creases which helps the easel hold its shape....
The 2nd piece was cut into 2 pieces, I used 1 for my card - to this I added a piece of matt silver mirri card leaving a blue border all round, then added the back layer of the teddy bear sheet.
The decoupage is so easy to cut out on these sheets so I had it all cut within 10 minutes maximum - and I used the roll of thick double sided foam tape to build the design up.
This panel was then fixed to the lower fold on the front of the easel fold - remember to only add double sided tape to the lower part of the panel or it will be seen on the back.
I found a backing paper that contrasted with the image and blue cardstock, cut out with the STAMP blade on the Woodware Finger Guard Trimmer and stuck to the base of the easel with double sided tape again leaving a border all round.
I cut a panel of matt silver mirri card approx 4cms wide and used a Martha Stewart BUBBLE BATH border punch along both long sides, then cut a 2cm panel of the dark blue card and wrapped a piece of 8mm white satin ribbon around and stuck on the back.
Double sided pads were used to hold the blue panel onto the punched silver panel and the roll of thick foam tape was used on the silver panel and fixed to the base card as a stopper.
I used pinflair silicone glue to attach 2 whiote fabric daisies with pearl centres onto th eribbon and 3 blue card candy studs across the centre
My sentiment fitted perfectly onto the front of the base on a foam pad.
To finish my card I added dark blue card candy to the corners on the base and shiny silver card candy to the image panel
The sentiment was attached under the card using double sided tape and the final finishing touch which was done after taking this photo was to add RASPBERRY ULTRA FINE FLOWER SOFT to all the flowers in the background - will take a photo and add it here for you to see as it really did make a difference to the finished card!!!