Sunday 9 June 2013

Cutie Puppy

Hello again
Sorry you didn't get a card yesterday – yet again our internet and telephones were down
But today I managed to get 7 cards made!!!
So plenty in reserve for you all!
This is one of three cards I have made from a fab Kraftyhands cd called Cute Puppies
So many lovely cuties to chose from!!
But in the end I went for this – and another couple!
There is everything you need to create a 6x6 square card on just 2 sheets
What I did like were the fab new quick and easy paper bows – I almost didn't bother but then decided I should watch the demo on the cd – oh how easy they are too!!!
So for the card I folded my pale blue A4 card in half then scored again on line 7 and trimmed off the excess leaving my square card.
The base sheet was cut out and stuck to the card with double sided tape – I left a very narrow border all around the image
Next I trimmed the 3 pieces of pyramage and began layering them up with sticky pads
Once that was done I fixed it to my base image, it was placed in the bottom right hand corner of the card
To make the bow I cut out the long thin and smaller thick double ovals, a hole was pierced in the centre of both as well as in the outer points at both sides..the brad was pushed through the narrowest in the centre then the thickest, then the outer edges of the thick were curled and pushed onto the brad one at a time then the same with the thin ones!
Once all 4 edges are on the brad the back is splayed open and bow is complete
For this card I cut out a strip of the same paper and cut into 2 equal parts, cut a V from one edge and the other was stuck behind the bow then onto the top left of the card
A bone shaped sentiment was stuck on with double sided tape.
As the sheet offered several circular pictures I added 1 onto to the left of the inside and a printed piece from the sheet on the right – I then stamped a simple verse to the insert to finish
I am sure a few of you have sat saying ahh look at that puppy...I did too!!
This is one for the box – whether its for sale or to use!
See you again soon
x

No comments:

Post a Comment