Monday 3 June 2013

A birthday cupcake

Hello again
I saw this kit on one of the download sites and thought it would make a great quick and easy card that would allow for my own decoration
Sadly there are no names or details on the sheet to give credit to the designer.
For this card I simply folded an A4 sheet of white card in half then cut off the bottom to create my square card blank
The card front fitted well – it was stuck in place with double sided tape.
I then rounded the corners using the corner chomper.
The decoupage elements were so easy to cut out and they were attached to the card with large sticky pads
I had once bought a pack of cupcake brads – I have this thing about brads – I'm always buying them and rarely get to use them – or is it rarely bare to use them
Anyway the brad fitted in the top right hand corner..the colours were a great match with the whole card front.
The only downside was this kit didn't offer any sentiments so I found one I had printed some time ago and it worked really well.
I put the sentiment on the border across the bottom
I may have gone a little over the top with the decorations though...I used clear flat back gems for around the circular main image and then small flat back coloured gems were stuck on the card to represent iced shapes.
The last I did to the card front was add a touch of glitter and then glossy accents were used on the candle and flame
As this came with a blank half insert I just printed a little message before printing
This card was sent to a lady at the new card class I go to for her birthday last weekend.
See you next time
x

No comments:

Post a Comment