Wednesday 12 June 2013

Birthday Splash

Hi there
I loved doing this card – partly because I am starting to enjoy stamping and partly because I just love these fab stamps
The stamps are by Acid Drops & What Nots – I already have 4 sets of theirs but this set came FREE in a magazine along with the papers!
So I now must admit the design is not my own, its one that I followed in the magazine – but I have loads of ideas in my head – just need more time to try them out!
I started by creating a 6x6 card using smooth white card stock then covered the left half with red dotty paper
A slither of black card was added on the end of the red paper which makes quite a bold statement don't you think?
Next I used one of the printed postcard papers and used the fancy scrolled frame and statement stamps together with black memento ink and stamped the "Does my bum look big in this" slightly over to the left
As you can see the D didn't stamp too good so I used a black pen to sort it out – badly too looking at it!!!
The swimmer was stamped onto smooth white card then cut out and coloured in with a red pro marker – one of the few colours I have left!
She was then positioned on the postcard with her legs just on the fancy line that was already printed.
And to finish I stamped Hope your birthday goes with a splash in the space below the postcard.
As I said its not one of my own designs but I still think it makes a fab card and can see me doing it many more times in the future
Check out the website www.aciddropsandwhatnots.co.uk where you will find the whole range of stamps together with great card ideas!
See you tomorrow then xxx

1 comment: