Saturday 1 December 2012

So Beary Cute


Hi

I am so enjoying making the cads using the lovely lily of the valley images – the sheets I am using are the Mini Masterpieces series.

The sheets have one good sized topper, 2 slightly smaller and another 4 smaller still which are ideal for ATCs or waterfalls – but you can still use them as a topper on any card.

The images are so cute and are easily matched to papers and the cards seem to be popular judging by the comments I have had.

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

5x7 christmas green card blank

Soft tartan check backing paper

10x10cm piece of silver mirri card

Self adhesive silver holographic snowflake border

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I folded the pre scored card blank and ran the bone folder along the edge to make it sharp.

The backing paper was trimmed to completely cover the whole of the card front and stuck in place with double sided tape.

The largest topper was cut from the sheet and matted onto the piece of silver mirri card.

The silver holographic snowflake border tape was positioned along the left side of the card – I stuck it where the check on the paper changes from deep to faded which softened the look.

The matted image was stuck at an angle on the card front with a purple Season's Greeting sentiment left over from the La Pashe cards placed in the bottom right hand corner

Next my favourite part of making these christmas cards – decorating! I used the cosmic shimmer pva on all the furry bits of the hat and then all the snow that covered the fence and the ground – and mustn't forget the now that's falling – that was all done with the glamour dust

Using the pva still I highlighted the red breasts on the Robins, the label on the hat and the dots of the present then sprinkled with red glitter.

Finished

I went on to use the 2 of the smallest toppers on ATCs and have something in mind for the rest – so keep popping by daily for when I decide to share it with you all...you know I will!

Take care and stay warm friends

See you all again tomorrow

x

1 comment: