Monday 17 December 2012

Acetate Greetings


Evening all

I was planning on sharing a card from the order list Ann gave me – the cards are made and the last 2 were parcelled up and sent off to Ann today

I took photographs of both cards but to be honest I just feel YAKKY again and cannot be bothered to resize them just now – so Ann you will have to wait till they arrive...sorry.

I have made these two cards for my lovely daughters Nicky and Vicky – they are twins and will be 26 on December 23rd




I bought a couple of sheets at the last craft show here in Hull – they were part of the Patchwork Kids collection – I love them and have used this kind of thing many time before

The cards are so simple – the image is the patchwork band and the sheet came with die cut decoupage for front and back view so I used a sheet of heavy quality acetate to create the card blank

The image band was stuck a few millimetres from the bottom of the card front...with acetate its always a problem seeing the tape so I printed a matching sheet of backing paper and that was cut down and stuck on the inside of the acetate to match the front – hope I am making sense.

The decouapge elements were added to front and back using small sticky pads

Then the rest of the backing paper was cut to fit the back inside of the acetate – I used small invisidots so they cant be seen through the acetate.

The snowflakes that were on the sheet had a dot of glue on them then randomly placed on the front – the 2 buttons were also used I added a sticky pad to each and placed down the bottom left edge.

Finally I stamped and cut out a large Christmas tree from a set of stamps by Polka Doodles – once cut out I coloured one with a pink distress ink pad and the other with a lilac pad

I had a bottle of PVA that had all dried at the top so I cut it off and drained off most of the glue to another bottle but what was left I added water to it to thin down and using a decent brush I went over the trees with the glue then dipped them into the tub of glamour dust.

They were added to the inside of the card using large sticky pads

I stamped a simple christmas verse, wrote on it then added a couple of invisidots and slid it between the backing paper and the acetate to finish

Not bad for something I had not idea what to do with!!!

Hopefully back to better health again tomorrow...

Bye for now

x

1 comment: