Wednesday 19 December 2012

Santa Claus Is Coming...


Evening all

This card is the one I made for our lovely grandson Layton

In some ways its a cheat card as it was a bought kit that literally just needed sticking together

There were 5 layers to the card but as they were die cut it really was just push them out

It took me a while to fathom out just how the sections were held in place – I don't know why as it was just so simple – lets put it down to me still not being back to 100% health.

On each layer there were tabs to fold out and add strong glue to.

Then it was a case of get the next layer in place and secure the tabs behind this layer before moving on and doing the same again.

When it was completed there wasn't even any decoration to add as it was all foiled to start with

So on the plain white lower panel which was for adding the main sentiment, I covered with PVA glue and then added snow and sprinkled over glitter – pressed it down well and just left for a few hours to set.

When the glue had dried and the snow and glitter mix were set I sprinkled away the excess then found a simple sentiment to add.

Because the sentiment was sticking to snow and not a solid base I sprayed the back of the sentiment with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay then pressed it into the snow.

Goes without saying Layton loved is Santa card.

See you all next time,...

x

1 comment: