Tuesday 4 December 2012

Keys




Hi

I have finally got around to decorating a key holder that I bought in the summer when I went to the Donnington Craft Event

It was late in the day when I noticed the stall called The MDF Man

the stuff he had was amazing but the prices had to be seen to be believed!

I ended up buy pen holders, key holders, family display board, a friends board I bought for Jae and I got loads of hearts with intentions of adding a photo to each heart and have then dangling from the family display board...

Months later its all still where I put it


but I was moaning at hubby for just putting his keys down – he has a small drawer in the kitchen that he uses for his guys and bits and bobs – most of the time he remembers

So I painted it blue using the lovely funky colours Metallic paint from B&Q, I gave it 2 good coats and the shine is lovely

I used my heart nestabilities to cut a shape then using Sepia versafine ink I stamped a lovely owl couple

Next I used a pad that had vintage photo ink on – I simply breathed on it to revive the ink and then run it over the edges of the heart

This was then stuck to the key with cosmic shimmer pva glue – I also used the glue for the fluffy part of the hat then covered it with glamour dust.

Because we were sticking this to the side of the kitchen unit we didn't want screws so I added big super strong sticky pads and where the pre drilled screw holes were I added some pretty gold surrounds with clear gem centres!

Have to say it looks great – and the holder was under £2 so a real bargain!!

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment: