Monday 3 December 2012

Musical Christmas


Evening all...

I was asked to make some christmas cards for my lovely friend Ann – she doesn't go with the normal type of things – she likes the cards to reflect the person she is sending to making it totally unique

its good for me too as I have to think about what to do

this is one of her orders which is on route to Ann so she can get it in the post

the info I was given was Anita loved the piano and poetry

this card didn't come easy to me I can tell you....but thank goodness for the new Debbi Moore Shabby Chic music collection cd and the Debbi Moore Art Deco Christmas cd which has the most amazing papers

keeping everything crossed its ok!

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Hougie Board

A4 sheet of white card stock

3 or 4 backing papers

Sheet of poinsettia flowers

Versamark ink pad, clear embossing powder & heat gun

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I wanted to do a stepper card as I thought it would be the best way to get everything onto the A5 card – so I used my Hougie board – must have had it around 2 years and its the 1st time I have used it!!! Have to say it was so easy to do the side stepper.

Once it was all cut out and the creases sharpened I covered it all with a beautiful fine shimmer paper – have no idea what its called but I got it in a pack from the Donnington Show

I did the left side in one piece but for the steppers I did the steps individually.

I cut out the main shaped image with the lovely saying and faded out background, sprayed it with a Pearl mist spray then rolled a roll of kitchen roll over it to remove the surplus – then blitzed with the heat gun.

Next I used one of the musical ribbons across the bottom of the card then stuck the main image onto the card more to the left so I could add the poinsettias to the right...

I cut out the large and small poinsettias, dabbed all over with the versamark ink pad, covered with clear detail embossing powder and heated – once it had melted I recovered and heated again – did it a 3rd time and set to one side to cool down.

Using the cuttlebug and nestabilities I cut the small picture of the grand piano with music background and the next size up cut out a mat in pink shimmer card.

The image was stuck centrally to the pink card then attached to the top step – I covered the back of the pink panel with backing paper so it didn't look odd from the back.

The middle step simple had a sentiment and then an enamelled brad

On the back of the card I covered with beautiful pink poinsettia paper from the Art Deco christmas cd

I printed a lovely verse and trimmed it down to fit the back without covering too much backing – to take away the bright white I gently inked the edges with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink pad then stuck in place with double sided tape

Once it was glittered up – after the photos had been taken – I was so pleased with it – not an easy theme but helped with the christmas part...

Now its down to Royal Mail to get it to Ann and all been well she will find it suitable and send it on its journey half way around the world!!!

See you all again tomorrow

x

1 comment:

  1. Really individual designer card, Angie. Beautiful and I bet it was well received. xx

    ReplyDelete