Thursday 13 December 2012

Lets Snuggle Up


Hello

I am so sorry I haven't shared anything for a few days – but I fell ill again on Sunday morning and it really knocked me off my feet – but I am now much better...lets hope I stay that way!

So although I haven't felt like it – I have made some cards – only because I had to...I have taken piccies but for today cos I am tired I am going with one I made a few weeks ago when I first started using the new Best Of La Pashe cd rom

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Red pre scored 5x7 card

Image from The Best Of La Pashe (new cd and fab!)

scraps of gold mirri card

Martha Stewart snowflake corner punch

Gold border peel offs

Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

Folded the card blank and ran the bone folder along the edge to sharpen it.

The main image was sprayed with crafters companion spray and sparkle and once dry was matted onto a oddment of gold card then a border of gold peel offs were added to make it look double matted

I used a scrap of textured gold and a scrap of deep red pearl card, cut them to around the same size as the image the punched out the 4 corners – I saved all the snowflakes that were left and used them to decorate the card

I stuck the gold card to the card blank on an angle to show the punched corner – then stuck the dark red at a different angle

Then it time to glue the main image in place – I stuck it over the gold and red mats.

One of the sentiments from the sheet was stuck onto a scrap of gold card then secured to the bottom of the card – then it was covered with glossy accents

The gold snowflakes left over from punching the corners were randomly stuck around the card using cosmic shimmer pva glue

This is another of the straight forward quick & easy cards – they are a great way of making the card YOURS – by that I mean you used an image and some basics – but the layout was yours – where as the craftsuprint sheets are really just a case of print – cut – stick with minimum of room to add your own style to it!

Hopefully I will be back again tomorrow – I need to knuckle down as I have 12 cards to be completed between now and Tuesday – yikes!!!!

Bye for now

x

1 comment:

  1. I love this card, Angie. The little image is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete