Sunday 23 December 2012

Gold Roses


Evening everyone

Well I am just about done now for Christmas – shopping done, presents wrapped and the home baking all ready to be done first thing in the morning so I hope all you reading this are the same so you can sit down and enjoy the christmas celebrations.

Today's card is one I made last week for a lady in class (Ena) who just ran out of time to get a special card made for a special lady in our card class – PAT..

It was Pat and her hubby George's golden wedding anniversary on 22nd December 2012

So I had a good look through all the kits I have and found several beautiful ones – knowing I needed to make 2 cards as I wanted one from us I narrowed them down to just 3.

I had previously done one of these kits for Ena who celebrated her Golden Wedding earlier this year so that left me with two.

This card is made for a lovely kit by the talented Janet Briggs and is called Gold Roses Scallop Pocket Card Kit and it was purchased from www.craftsuprint.com although I believe Janet sells her kits on several of the online sites.

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

The sheets needed for the card and envelope

Cream hammered card

Gold narrow ribbon

Glitter in clear and gold

Crop-o-dile and large gold eyelets

Crafters Companion Stick & Stay

Double sided tape normal and red

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card …

I printed the sheets then roughly cut out the main sheet, the pockets and the tags, sprayed the back with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay then pressed them onto the smooth side of the cream hammered card and cut them all out.

The main card was then scored and folded to create the basic card blank.

The pockets were then cut out and strong red double sided sticky tape was added to the straight edges only, this was then positioned on the card and pressed into place.

Next it was the tags – so they were cut out and the hole punched with the crop-o-dile, I used large gold coloured eyelets with this being a golden wedding card then cut a length of metallic gold ribbon, slotted it through and secured.

The congratulations tag was placed in the first pocket and the verse tag in the other.

The pretty insert was scored and folded then attached to the card with a small length of double sided tape – if I had thought of this I should have added a verse before I printed it but as I didn't I stamped a lovely sentiment instead.

The card completed just needed glitter adding so I used the quickie glue pen and highlighted sections of the flowers and sprinkled with gold glitter then other sections had glamour dust added.

The 2 sheets for the envelope were cut out and all lines scored and had double sided tape added – carefully I lined the pieces and created the perfect matching envelope which I had remembered to add names to prior to printing.

And that was the 1st of the golden wedding cards – I know Ena was chuffed with it and I am quite certain Pat & George will have loved it too.

See you again tomorrow with another card

x

1 comment: