Thursday 6 December 2012

Special Cutie


Hi

A good while ago I was asked to make a large cute very special christmas card by a young lady for her foster mum.

I have been putting it off I suppose – I find it difficult sometimes to make something “special” with no further info

She gave me a hand written piece that she asked be printed to the left side of the insert which I have done...

See what you think to it....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

White A4 card blank

Pink poinsettia paper (Art Deco Christmas by Debbi Moore)

Image from The Best Of La Pashe (new cd and fab!)

Victorian Velvet distress ink pad by Tim Holtz

Silver matt mirri card

silver metallic ribbon

Poinsettia and leaves were recycled just tidied up

Tiny clear AB gems

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

As I said I had put this off – another reason was the size of the card – its a big space to fill – with what?

I used the ink and a piece of cut & dry to ink all the edges on the front of the card

Then I covered the card front with the pretty poinsettia paper leaving just a small all round border – I cut this with a deckle edge trimmer.

A length of silver metallic ribbon was wrapped around the spine edge of the card and secured at the back – a large bow was tied and added to the top of the other ribbon.

Next I used a piece of matt silver card and cut it large enough to punch the corners with a snowflake punch from Martha Stewart and also to take the image matted onto a piece of pink shimmer card.

Before sticking the silver panel to the card I wrapped a piece of the same silver ribbon around the bottom, just above the punched corners. And secured it at the back.

After I had cut the image out I rounded the corners, the pink shimmer card also had the corners rounded – as with most of my matting & layering I like to leave a border between layers.

Then the large silver panel was stuck to the card – I positioned it sort of to the top right of the card.

The decoupage was cut out and had double sided sticky pads on the back ready to build up the design – once all pieces were in place I used the Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue to highlight everywhere I imagined snow – then covered with glamour dust and tapped the excess away – I love the way it makes the glittered sections look chunky!

Now to the recycled poinsettia's and holly leaves – these were on a card I was sent last year and I loved it...I kept all the cards but had to part with some a while ago when I cleared the raft room – I recycled and kept what I thought I could use.

I attached these to the card with silicone and left to dry.....

Tiny clear AB gems were added to the poinsettia centres and also in the gaps of the snowflake that I had punched in the corners.

A simple sentiment finished the card!

Oh when I did the insert I had to use 2 sheets of A4 paper so I trimmed them with the deckle edge and like the card front I inked the edges of the card – and even did the back paper – mind you I had to as I has managed to get a line of ink on it....

I gave the card on Tuesday – the class ladies all raved about how lovely it was I think the young girl was pleased with it

So – come on then – would you say that passed as “special” or not?

Be honest – I wont be hurt – and its comments that help me the next time round¬

See you all again tomorrow

Keep warm and safe

Oh and think about me tomorrow as we have our Craft Day...I'm looking forward to it but just know I will get stressed over it!

I will tell you all about it next time ok..

x

No comments:

Post a Comment