Sunday 2 December 2012

60th Birthday


Hi

Today I will share a card I made a few days ago for the Post Mistress who asked for something nice for her husband Trevor will celebrate his 60th birthday next week.

I used one of the Giant Easel Tableau kits by Valerie Dawes, this kit is called Vintage Car and has 6 sheets of printing to do – and it needs an envelope making for it too!

But I love these kits and I find the envelopes a doddle with the Crafters Companion enveloplus that Katie bought me for my birthday last year.

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

2 sheets of white card stock

6 sheets of printed material

Crafters Companion Stick & Stay

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I started by roughly cutting out the pieces that I knew needed to be stuck to my card stock for added strength

Once they were all cut out I flipped the pieces over and sprayed the whole of the reverse sides with crafters companion stick & stay – boy that stuff takes some shifting if you get it on your clothes.

Next I cut out every piece of decoupage and believe me there was a lot of it and it took me well over a day to do.

As I have made loads of these GET kits (Giant Easel Tableau) I know what to do without having to stop and start to see what was next

So quite quickly saw me have the card complete – the correct name in the name space and right relative label etc

Once it was all made up I added a very small piece of Velcro so the back plate would stand unaided – the weight of the panel often drags it backwoods by thankfully all went well on this today.

A lovely verse was added to the under base panel and I ran a blending brush over the edges using old paper distress ink pad so it took away the bright white of the paper and also blended in with the rest of the card

The last job was glossy accents were added to sections of the card I felt needed it and left it to dry

I had to make an envelope as these cards are far to big to go in any normal envelope.

When I took it to the Post Office on Friday Jackie was over the moon with it and the verse brought a tear or two...

See you all again tomorrow

x

2 comments: