Sunday 16 December 2012

Deltics


Hi again

This is the 2nd of the latest orders from Ann

If you saw the order – he loves DELTICS – what would you think of?

And then – what on earth can you do to make a card using Deltics – and make it christmasy??

But I googled so a least I knew what it was

Then googled images and found this one...

Took it into the fab Picasa Piknik and added some festive extras....

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Black A4 card

Printed sheet

Half a sheet of gold mirri card

A Chloe festive flourish stamp

Versamark ink pad

Gold detail embossing powder

A couple of peel off christmas trees.

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card …

I folded the black card in half and creased well – I used a really thick card as I was doing it landscape so needed it to keep upright.

Using the versamark ink I inked the stamp then randomly stamped over the front of the card – when I was happy I covered with gold detail embossing powder and heated.

In the piknik program I resized and rotated the Santa hats and put them on the engines...

I also added the names then printed the sheet and matted onto gold card then onto the card blank

I used a green tree and 2 small gold trees on the platform and added tiny red gems to the gold trees.

Next it was pva glue which covered almost everywhere snowy and around the hats – then I covered with glamour dust!

All in all – not bad for a card making who struggles to move away from decoupage!

Thankfully I have the last 2 of Ann's cards made now – I'm not sure how they will be received but I gave it my best and cant do any more than that can I?

They will go in the post to Ann tomorrow and I am sure they will be shared with you all

x

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Angie. Made me giggle a little as it reminds me of Thomas the Tank Engine! Lol xx

    ReplyDelete