Friday 14 December 2012

Bib Rocker Card


Hello

Today I want to show a lovely shaped card I made a few days ago when one of the class ladies became a nana again...we had all waited for the arrival of baby Ben and he finally joined the family last weekend

I loved the card with it being the bib shaped – unusual too – although not much to do it did gave way to plenty of embellishing as you will see in the photographs

The sheet is from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by

Tracey Drage-Baillie

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Pale blue A4 card

Printed sheet

Crafters Companion Stick & Stay

Pointed blue AB flat back gems

Amble flat AB gems

Turquoise Stickles

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card …

Before I printed off the sheet I added the simple message to the back of the bib..

I trimmed the printed sheet then sprayed the back with the stick and stay – the sheet was then pressed securely onto the pale blue card.

I scored well on the fold line then started to cut the sheet out – I found it easier cutting one piece at a time rather than both pieces together

Once it was all cut out – I really struggle cutting scallops but think I did ok on this card – I folded in half to check it all lined up and just trimmed off any little stray strands

There was just the one piece of decoupage to be added so I used small sticky pads

On to embellishing the bib – I love this part of any card..those finishing touches that make the card...

I added a few amber AB gems to the flowers above the booties and then used turquoise stickles to added shine and colour to the booties themselves

The beautiful blue pointed AB gems were stuck to each of the scallops – with a dot of stickles either side of it.

When it was all dry I turned the card round and started on the back – I used the turquoise Stickles – the printed design was a larger open circle and a small circle either side of it on all the scallops..

All done!

The card looked so pretty and was possibly one of the easiest cards I had made for a long time...

And it could turn out to be one I use time and again!!!

Thank you for looking

Until tomorrow....

x




2 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card, most unusual for a rocker. Nice work my friend.x

    ReplyDelete