Tuesday 15 November 2011

Monotone Cuttlebug Tree

This is a project I put together for the card classes and was so popular


Its not everyone that is lucky enough to own a die cutting machine so when I put this together I took the Cuttlebug in so people could have a play and enjoy it!!

So to make the card I used a sheet of A4 black cardstock which I folded in half to create the tent fold A5 card blank.

I covered the card all but a narrow border with a black and white patterned paper

Using an EK Success border punch I punched a length of lacy swirls and matted it to a piece of silver mirri card



This was then glued across the card centre.

A small piece of white card had a length of black organza ribbon wrapped around it and secured at the back then matted onto a piece of black card leaving a narrow border all round.

The embossing folder was actually a free gift in a magazine - so I used a small piece of silver mirri board and embossed this using the Cuttlebug then attached to the white cardstock along side the black ribbon.

Red gems and pearls were added to the tree to decorate and add just a hint of colour to the monotone look

A silver dufex sentiment was attached across the punched border to finish!

The difference between the 2 cards apart from the backing paper and punched border stip is the tree design

The top one is EMBOSSED - so the pattern is raised to the touch

The bottom one is DEBOSSED - so the pattern is sunken to the touch

Thanks for looking


2 comments: