Wednesday 9 November 2011

Gift Wallet Card

Hello again - bet you thought I had given up making cards didnt you?

Sorry - life just gets in the way at times....

So here we are - I have lots of new cards to share with you so lets hope time doesnt run away with me again....

This is a lovely card and gift in one really as it has a lovely pouch in which you can slip a gift voucher, gift card or even money

It is taken from a wonderful new cd I have by Ella Designs - called

12 cards of Christmas


However as you can see in this card - some can be adapted for general use

Everything is so easy on this cd - I simply chose the complete 3d card option which offered 2 pages of printing - and really easy to follow instructions on how to make the card up too!

I had to cut my a4 card down to measure 13cms x 29.7cms - that left a strip of waste card which then was cut to 8cms x13cms leaving just a small amount of waste

The scoring is all done using the Eazi Score Blue Board - so the large card i splaced landscape and scored on line 7, move the whole piece over so your score line is now on line 5 and then score line 6

Next I rounded the corners to the right hand side of the card before taking the small piece of card and scoreing it on line 1 and line 2 and rounding the right hand side corners.

The small strip is then attached to the large piece with double sided tape to form the envelope flap as in the photo above

Now the nice bits - I cut out the pieces to cover the inside and outside of the card - as I said it is all measured for me - just cut and stick in place!

Once the backing papers are on its time to add the pouch inside - how easy  - it was just a case of scoring and creasing the outer edges of one panel and securing on place with double sided tape


Finally I attached the base layer of decoupage to the front flap - taking care not to attach anywhere else or the card wouldnt open

After all the decoupage was added I stuck a gift tag to the scrap card and cut out, then punched a single hole and used coloured fibres to finish!

The whole card was highlighted with glossy accents and glitter to finish

What a super card and pressie in one - wouldnt you agree???

Thanks for looking - see you again soon





No comments:

Post a Comment