Wednesday 16 November 2011

All I want is....

This card was made within an hour of browsing a new CD I got...

The CD in question is Walter & Winnie Does Christmas - and yes the title is correct even though it does seem wrong!!

I believe it is part of the Polka Doodles range!

So - as you all know I am a huge OWL fan so this CD is right up my street - or should I say up in the tree....

I printed the sheet which actually has 2 of the same design per sheet so great to share or for batch making sessions....

I used a craft work cards scallop edged 6x6 square card blank and then played with the wonderful new WINTER limited edition Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - using a foam pad I covered the edges of the card in the richest red - Festive Berries

Then I sprayed the card front with Crafters Companion Glossy Spray - when it was tacky I used a straw and blew into the gloss to give a bubbled textured effect!!!

I trimmed the image to leave a wide white border and then built up the cute decoupage - there are only 3 or 4 easy to cut pieces....and attached then using small double sided pads.

I matted this onto a piece of green mirri card which I had cut inverted corners and leaving a wider than normal border.

I cut a piece of silver mirri card and then used a deckle edge cutter to cut a piece of Christmas text paper - again from the CD - and stuck it in place.

Next I wrapped a length of green printed ribbon round the silver mirri & paper panel and fixed at the back - then used a smaller length but showing the reverse of the ribbon, I formed a few folds and secured in place with double sided tape - and the cut both ends into V's

Once the card blank was dry I attached the silver panel in place and then the green panel on top - then fixed a red printed card candy to each corner...

I then realised I had a touch of red ink on the front white panel and a smudge on the reverse so used a dabber and lightly dabbed the white panel - on the back of the card I did swirls of colour which looking surprising pretty!!!

Finishing touch was the glitter! I used a thick layer of Pinflair Glitter Glue on the edge of the hat and pompom and then sprinkled with glamour dust and left to dry before tapping off the excess - this makes the sparkly fur trim look quite thick - not like the normal look of Glamour Dust!

Hope you liked this card - I did two more so sooner or later you will see another!!!

Thanks for looking again....


No comments:

Post a Comment