Tuesday 15 November 2011

Gothic Beauty

I wanted to make a card with a difference for a lady I know in passing who was having a tough time

She is a bit wild - nutty - different!!!

So I decided to use a cd I loved but so far hadn't had reason to use



Jems Designs - Gothic Beauties

So to make my card I used an A4 sheet of red pearlescent card stock which I folded in half to produce my A5 card blank

I used a piece of black mirri card which I punched a border using a lovely Martha Stewart punch called CHERISH

This was matted centrally to card blank then I adhered the base image onto a piece of red card stock and attached to the black mirri card

I had an oddment of red mirri card so using the same punch I punched top and bottom edges and fixed in place below my image

Although the photo doesn't show it - this is decoupaged - and as usual the top layers were shaped before adding them.

No signs of glitter on this card - but I did use red flower soft and some red pearls to tart it up a little

The finishing touch was the "Follow your dreams...." sentiment which was so appropriate for the reason behind this card

I hope you like this as much as the recipient did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment