Wednesday 23 January 2013

Smudgy Bear

Hi
Back again with another lovely card this time taken from the Smudgy Bear & Friends cd from http://debbeescds.co.uk/
Although the website is closed I believe you can still buy as I know Debs was selling but not making any more
Anyway back to the card...I loved the images on the cd and there are so many lovely papers and much more so worth the money!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
The 2 sheets – that image and backing paper
2 sheets of Purple A4 card
Oddments of silver mirri card and silver holographic card
Lilac netting
Martha Stewart hearts border punch
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
One of the purple sheets was folded to create A5 card blank.
I then trimmed the backing paper to fit the card front and also wrap over the crease of the card – left a narrow all round border then used the border punch along the right hand edge only
I turned the backing over and stuck the strip of silver mirri card behind the punched heart border
I then used double sided tape to stick the backing paper to the card front, folding it and securing below the crease at the back.
As the main image was shaped I decided to cut a mat of purple card to fit the image – used a small corner punch on each corner then stuck the image on it.
I did a mat if silver holographic mirri card and another in purple – all corners were again punched
Double sided tape was used to layer the mats and when all done I stuck the whole panel to the left of the card
In the space between the image panel and the heart border I added a bow that was left with long tails to the top of the space – the bow was tied from a soft lilac mesh type fabric strip – I have no idea where it came from – what its supposed to be but it worked perfectly so now I am happy with it!!!
I havent adeed a sentiment nor any embellishing as yet – I just wanted to get on with making and finishing some cards – and I did it!!!
Ok well as I say almost everyday – that's it for today – more from me tomorrow...or words to that effect!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment