Wednesday 30 January 2013

Its Tidy Time

Evening
As promised back to the cards again now
This is another I made up from the lovely new Joanna Sheen Holly Pond Hill
Its another big card – I am quite enjoying working on the larger cards – goes from one extreme to the other – I love ATCs which are just2.5”x3.5” and then these cards are usually 8x8 but then this card is bigger still at 8”x10”
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
8x10” card blank & envelope
Pink and Lilac A4 card
Printed sheet & decoupage, printed backing sheet
Pretty pink ribbon to match
Silver diamanté heart ribbon slider
Clear AB gems
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I scored the 8x10 card blank then trimmed a sheet of lilac A4 card to cover the whole front.
I trimmed the backing paper to fit leaving a narrow border all round and made sure the printed plates decoration were on the right hand side. Before gluing in place I cut a length of pretty pink ribbon, slotted it through the lovely silver diamanté heart ribbon slider and secured the ends at the back of the paper.
This was the attached to the card with double sided tape.
I cut out the base image from the 1st sheet and matted it onto lilac card then pink card leaving the border on each mat.
This was then attached to the card centrally and was now ready for the decoupage which I have to say was a lot of cutting out – if I remember correctly there were 3 sheets in all but I only printed the 2 sheets thinking it would be enough – and I think I was right!
So I used small sticky pads to build the decoupage up, gently curving the top most pieces before adding them.
To finish I used a scrap of shiny pink paper as a mat for the Especially For You sentiment and stuck this to the bottom right of the main panel.
To embellish I kept it simple – I used clear AB gems – 2 in each of the corners of the main image – except the bottom right where I just added a single gem to the sentiment
And that's it all done!
Its a lovely cd to work with – you really don't need to have much imagination to use the cd as everything works – whether its the small cards you favour or these bigger card which would be great for times when lots of people need to sign it for someone!
Its another card in my “to use or sell” box
See you again tomorrow friends!
x

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely Angie. Such a sweet image. Is the whole disc as cute as this? Another great card. Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Angie. I love the ribbon you have used. I've never seen it before. Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete