Thursday 17 January 2013

A Touch Of Elegance

Hi
Cant believe we are forecast some really bad weather over the next few days – here in Hull we have had the snow for a few days now already and its so icy and slippery it makes you want to stay in all the time.
Today the card is from a lovely cd from www.cupcakecrafting.co.uk and its called A Touch Of Elegance
I have to say this is a stunning CD and if you are looking for somewhere to start with CD crafting you should have a look at this one
The art work is wonderful – and the backing papers – well I would buy a cd just for backing papers if they were all like these
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Main image sheet and the backing paper
A4 black card and scrap of gold shimmer card
Glossy Accents and Glamour Dust to finish
2 paper flowers and punched leaves
Coloured brad
Flower shaped gems
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I scored and folded the main card then trimmed the backing paper to leave a narrow all round border – the backing was stuck on with narrow double sided tape
I then cut out a square of contrasting paper and matted onto a scrap of gold shimmer card – punched the shimmer card corners with a small corner punch, then stuck the whole panel with double sided tape to the bottom left corner of the card
The lady image was matted on a scrap of black and stuck onto the matted panel with sticky pads.
I used 2 white flowers and simple touched a purple pro-marker to the tips and let the ink run and colour the petals
A quickie glue pen was run along the petals of the smaller flower and sprinkled with glamour dust
A green brad was pushed through the flowers and the card itself, the legs of the brad splayed inside and covered with the insert
I added a small amount of glue to 2 punched leaves and tucked them under the flowers.
3 purple flower shaped gems were stuck at the top and bottom of the card to finish
I didn't add any sentiment as this card would be suitable for any event and if it needed a sentiment on the front there is plenty of room to put it!
I do hope you like the card – it didn't work out as I planned – I had to change things at last minute after knocking over a pot of glue – all in all I think I did ok retrieving it!
Hopefully my camera will stop playing up and let me get some photographs of my newer cards for tomorrow!
Bye for now
x

1 comment: