Tuesday 22 January 2013

For the men...

Hi
Had another dreadful night last night – around 3 hours sleep in all – but on the bright side I did get 3 lovely cards made up
And here is one of them...
It was made using the fab cd from http://www.peerlessdesigns.org/
The cd is called Through The Lens MENS Edition
There is so much on y these cds...toppers, papers, inserts and something for men of all ages as well as covering the events too!!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
The 2 sheets – that image and backing paper
Navy blue A4 card
Oddments of palest pink glitter card, lilac and purple card
A few strands of dark funky fibres
Foiled sentiment
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the navy blue card in half to create the A5 card blank, used the corner chomper to curve all corners.
I cut the backing sheet in half and used the right hand side that has 3 lighthouses down the right edge – the corners were again all rounded
I cut the main image off the sheet – rounded the corners then matted it on a piece of pale pink glitter card – a narrow border was left all round. This was then matted onto lilac card and the purple card – all papers had corners rounded and a narrow border between layers.
I stuck the panel along the left edge so it didn't cover the lovely backing papers...
Next I added the decoupage using small sticky pads
A simple sentiment was matted on the left over lilac and purple card and positioned at an angle across the muddle light house
To finish I simply wrapped a couple of stands of funky fibres around the fold of the card and tied a knot at the front.
I am pretty sure this is a cd that will get plenty of use – as will the other in the series which I will no doubt be sharing tomorrow...
Then again so many new cds and so little time who knows what we will find to share!!!
Bye for today then folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment