Monday 14 January 2013

Koala Cuddles

Hi
Today's card is one of two I was asked to make for a friend of one of my class ladies...she wanted a card for her daughter and grand daughter – they live in Australia so she asked for a koala on the grand daughter and of all things Care Bears for the daughter!!!
So this is the Koala card – I used a lovely cd from www.peerlessdesigns.co.uk and the cd is called Cuddle Ups Vol 1
I also used a Marianne butterfly and stamped the name using versamark and clear embossing powder together with upper and lower case alphabet from www.dimensionstamps.co.uk onto Magic Foil Card by Craftology
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Main image sheet
Matching backing paper
A4 dark green card
A sheet of green mirri card
Martha Stewart border punch
Marianne Designs butterfly die
Oval scallop nestabilities
White grosgrain ribbon
Gold Magic foil card
Stampendous white detail embossing powder
Upper & lower case alphabet stamps
Versamark ink pad
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the dark green card to create my A5 card blank. Then I cut 2 strips of green mirri card approx 3cm wide and stuck then down the outer edges of the card front
I trimmed the paper to fit the card front with approx 3cm excess which was to fold over the card spine for a neater finish
The outer edges of the backing sheet were then punched and a length of white grosgrain ribbon was placed across the front and secured at the back and then stuck to the card front with double sided tape. The idea with the mirri card edges was it shows off the punched border design.
I cut out the oval pyramage and built up using sticky pads. Measuring the base of the now made topper against my nestabilities I found the next size up so cut that out of the green mirri card using the Grand Calibur.
I stuck the pyramage topper to the scalloped mat and they were attached to the card across the centre of the ribbon
A neat bow was tied using the white grosgrain ribbon and secured at the right hand side of the topper
A filigree butterfly was cut from pastel green card and stuck to the left of the topper with a single tiny AB gem in the centre of its body.
I stamped the name Laura using the alphabet stamps and versamark ink pad onto the gold magic foil card, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and gently heated it until it melted and gave that lovely gold embossed edge.
I cut out the letters and secured them to the card using sticky pads.
A happy birthday sentiment was added and the noses were touched with glossy accents to finish.
I printed off 2 different inserts with the same verse so the lady could chose which she liked – I also made up the matching bookmark which has a simple message printed on it
And lastly I printed a few sheets of the writing paper that matched the whole design....just hope the card is what the lady was expecting!!!
Bye for now
x

1 comment: