Sunday 13 January 2013

Capt Locke

Hello...
Hope the weather hasn't been too unkind to you – here in Hull we have had a dry day – who knows how cold it was – not me as haven't been out since Friday and that suits me just fine!
I printed this card and sheets out a couple of days ago – I know its not everyone's cup of tea but I love it!!!
It is from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by Lisa Baglietto and its called Capt Locke Shaped Card Mini Kit
The sheet advises you stick it to card and score the centre line prior to cutting so you know its scored correctly
So I sprayed Crafters Companion Stick & Stay all over the back of the base card sheet then stuck it to the brown card stock
The next thing I did was score down the centre, then folded the card and proceeded to cut it out
Have to be honest and say it took some cutting out too – dont forget we have 350gsm card stock doubled to be cut out – and there were some real fiddly bits to it
But because I love the image I persevered with it – I know when you look at it there is a broad white surround – this is because I cut on the cut line that was printed
So the base is all cut out now to the sheet of decoupage – nothing too tricky on it – and went together a treat
Thre were 3 sentiments and one blank one – the thing is this is a shaped card so where does the sentiment go?
I went with Just For You and stuck it on her thigh using sticky pads
As yet I haven't embellished the card – it wont need much...I was even tempted to just spray the whole card front with Crafters Companion Spray & Shine but then I am concerned it will go bubbly or shady – so will most likely just leave it as it is
UNLESS....you have an idea...leave me a comment!!!
See you next time
x

1 comment:

  1. I love this card, Angie. You did well to persevere with the cutting out! Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete