Sunday 20 January 2013

Craft Show Bargains

Hello...
Today 4 of us went off to the Ross Papercrafts show here in Hull
Sadly the appalling weather and thick laying snow kept people away but I am so pleased I went
Even up to Thursday I was saying no I wont be going – I don't need or want anything
But then when Pat kindly offered to take me how could I say no!
As soon as we got in we were at the Glitter Girls table – its was crammed full of goodies – the GG weren't actually there but they sent some fab stuff.
So I grabbed a large square white box that had 30 individual sentiment stamps – the box is reusable and has the magnetic closure system – they were just £7
And also from there a goodie bag – another huge bargain – more sentiment stamps, coated glitter card, special holographic card, decoupage sheets, topper sheets, acetate and more – just £3
The 50p clearance bin was rummaged through and I got 2 stamps on acrylic blocks – approx 3x4”, a large butterfly stamp, 2 sets of 6 mini stamps on acrylic blocks and a pack of Fiskars eyelets
On the next seller table I got any 3 packs of jumbo, antique or epoxy brads for £1
Next seller had tables with stock 50% off marked prices, tables with to clear and one small full price table..I got a Tim Holtz applicator tool, a full size versafine ink pad, 3 Crafty Individuals stamps, a set of pearl brads, some smaller stamps and all for under £11
But the biggest bargain had to be on what can only be described as a thrown together effort – the tables were untidy with baskets, bags, boxes all over but what bargains – I had 2 Crafters Companion Spray & Slide, a bottle of stamp cleaner, a bottle of sticky stuff for glitter or embossing powder all at £1 each, a cassette for the Crafty Edger which I was going to buy – normally £6.99 got it for under £2 then a huge goodie bag – Paula picked up one with small foam jigsaw pieces that had text on and I got a bag with larger letters that were coloured, some glittered and some embossed – but when I emptied the bag I think I had around £25 worth of stuff for just £3 but when I went to pay he charged me £6...I did tell him I thought he had made a mistake but he just shrugged and told me to have a nice day!!!
I did buy the Woodware Crafty Edger but as yet not tried it out...also stocked up on the white card, a pack of black and pack of brown – that's all £2 a pack of 50 to 60 sheets, got huge pack of 8x8 cello bags for £3
Bought a lovely die – its all leaves which can be used for some many cards etc...
Had a play with decopatch and really enjoyed it – it was a free make and take, everyone was walking by but as soon as we stopped and played people came forward...
Of course cos I liked it I ended up spending £5 on half a dozen sheets – should maybe have bough the glue too but never mind – will have a go with my PVA and if it doesn't work I will but the proper stuff online
Well I do hope you enjoyed hearing about my day folks
Back to the cards again tomorrow!
Bye for now
x

1 comment: